December 11, 2007

Eating Oatmeal to Promote Weight Loss

Recently, before I went on my diet plan that I mentioned below, I was working in the ICU, and a co-worker and I were talking about dieting and weight loss. I was telling her that I felt rather bloated lately and that someone even asked me if I was pregnant! NOT A GOOD QUESTION TO ASK SOMEONE, FOLKS, BY THE WAY! Anyways, she started encouraging me to eat oatmeal to promote better overall health and regularity....so, I did. And now I want to share the benefits with you. Oatmeal is actually a really delicious way to help you lose weight. Research has proven that people who eat oatmeal with moderate exercise LOSE WEIGHT. Here are some added benefits of eating oatmeal daily:

  1. Oatmeal is high in protein, about 7 grams per serving. Research has proven that protein helps to give you a feeling of fullness and also promotes lean muscle mass.
  2. Oatmeal is high in fiber about 6 grams per serving. Fiber is important in maintaining regularity and also promotes weight loss. Fiber also gives you a feeling of fullness and satisfaction so you tend to eat less.
  3. Oatmeal is an excellent source of whole grain. For overall health, you should have at least three servings of whole grains per day. Research has shown that those who eat a diet rich in whole grains tend to weigh less.

So, I have to say, I have been eating oatmeal now for breakfast every morning. I tend to like the flavored packets, they are quick, easy and taste great. I must say that I do feel more regular and less bloated since I have been doing this and it feels great! For more information about weight control, weight management tips and oatmeal, visit www.quakeroatmeal.com.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever heard of Coach's Oats. It is an amazing oatmeal, much like steel cut oats, but only takes 4 minutes to cook in the microwave. Check them out at www.coachsoats.com.

Debbye Jean's Vegan Diner said...

No, I haven't, thanks, I will check it out.