June 22, 2008

Alpha-1-Antitrypsin Deficiency


Have you heard of Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency? It is a genetic condition caused by a lack of the protective protein, Alpha-1-antitrypsin (AAT) that is made by the liver. If you are asking what this has to do with COPD, that is a good question. AAT acts to protect the lungs from damage and without it, certain enzymes in the lungs end up causing destruction of lung tissue that eventually leads to emphysema. For more information about AAT deficiency and what you can do about it, visit my latest article on About.com:


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency but by the look of the picture it must be really nasty!

Anonymous said...

thanks very much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing...

Anonymous said...

rum kit and microphone), enter the Hall of Fame on that instrument. So, if you want the transparent bass, enter the Hall of Fame as a bassist.

Anonymous said...

USA best model

Superman 1978 = sense that the U.S. will win

Bible = trick of the Jews (or their "God")

Good (capitalism provides the most positive sense of freedom). India.

India (Good) should have an alliance with the United States. UK repression

Sue hell of EU and win world

The elite (the Bush doctrine) = knock out box (to be Americans sas)

Freedom's defenders, as I wrote before

Debbye Jean's Vegan Diner said...

Thank you all for your comments. I apologize for the untimely response, but my email notification is not doing its job. Sorry, and once again, thank you.

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!