April 30, 2008

Asperger Syndrome: From a Personal Perspective


If you are like me, you may have never heard of Asperger's Syndrome until today. This proves to be a bit embarrassing, because I am a nurse. But hey, I learn something new everyday, and today is no different.


According to Wikipedia, "Asperger syndrome is one of the autism spectrum disorders (ASD) or pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), which are a spectrum of psychological conditions that are characterized by abnormalities of social interaction and communication that pervade the individual's functioning, and by restricted and repetitive interests and behavior".


So, what does that mean? I was browsing hubpages and found a hub about this fascinating and virtually unknown disorder written by my friend, Isabella Snow. Written from more of a personal perspective, Isa tells it like it is when it comes to Aspergers, without pulling any punches. Read more about Asperger Syndrome in her latest hub:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've found a resource for parents, caregivers, and teachers of people on the autism spectrum: The Midnight In Chicago Autism Spectrum Podcasts.

They are just wonderful and they are FREE. Go here to listen to them: www.mic.mypodcast.com

Florence said...


I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!